Monday, October 26, 2009

How Do I Get Multiple Disputes on Credit Removed?

I have been rebuilding my credit since June. I was in the 400's. I am proud to say that I now have a 660. I know this isn't great, but I am still working hard to keep it up. I have paid off everything on my credit except for my car, and I disputed two things on my credit with all credit bureaus b/c of fraud. (family member) Anyway, my husband and I were applying for a construction loan through Home America Mortgage (not the one going bankrupt), and they use CBC Innovis as the company doing their credit reports. Anyway, we were approved but the LO said that on my credit report it came up as Multiple Disputes On File and that until it was removed, there was nothing they could do. I don't know what report they look at and if they see something totally different than what I see. All disputes were resolved with each bureau and I called and was told that the disputes were closed.Does anyone know how I can get this removed? I really want to be on the loan b/c I have worked so hard. Help!



How Do I Get Multiple Disputes on Credit Removed?

First and foremost, kudos to you for taking the time to repair your credit. :-) So many people don't think it's necessary or don't own up to their report.



If you are denied credit by anyone you have a right to know which bureau they used to base their decision. You also have the right to contact that bureau within 60 days of your denial and request a copy of your report - free of charge.



Note that the report from CBC Innovis will not look like your consumer credit report. The layout is different and the report tends to be shorter than a consumer report.



It sounds to me like the credit bureau flagged the accounts that you were disputing (which is not uncommon) but did not remove that fact from your report after the issues were resolved. If I were you, I'd write the bureau(s) and request that they remove the statement that there are accounts in dispute. It's incorrect information since the accounts are closed and everything is settled.



Once they correct that part of your report, they are required by law to give you an updated copy of your report to show that the corrections have been made- again, free of charge.



I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment