Monday, October 26, 2009

Building credit over next 9 months - best options?

I'm looking to build up my credit as much as possible over the next 9 months or so. I'll be applying for a car loan and apartment lease at that time and want to ensure I get the lowest interest rate possible and get accepted for my lease.



I'm currently debt-free on paper and have no bad credit marks on any of my 3 credit reports. However, I have zero credit cards of any kind in my name. I also owe about $7,000 to my parents. When I pay this off and save up for the car down payment %26amp; apartment move-in costs, I will need the better credit.



I was thinking of applying for a couple of credit cards to start building credit (and just using them sparingly - a small charge once per month and paying it off every month), but I'm not sure if that's the best course of action. Also, if I do this, I want to get cards that I can use over the long-term as I am aware that longevity is important for credit scores. I'd like to avoid annual fee/high interest cards, if possible.



Thanks!!



Building credit over next 9 months - best options?

A good credit score is a vital asset for your financial present and future. To a large extent, your credit standing determines what opportunities are open to you, especially as it concerns finances. Therefore, the importance of building a good credit rating cannot be over emphasized. 'It's a thing you really can take to the bank'.There are several steps you must follow and some rules you will have to adhere to if you sincerely want a good credit standing. However, after establishing your credit%26lt;!--worthiness, you will find that it was worth the stress.Another strong point you can make while building good credit is a solid income history. Maintaining a good record with banks and other creditors will also go a long way in portraying you as credit worthy. Visit the site to know more on how to build a credit.



http://badcredits.awardspace.com/repairc...



To build good credit, it is also useful to get national or local retailer's card. It is always easy to win credit from retailers and once you have established a good track record with a retailer, you could use the reference to boost your credit and also to secure additional credit from others. You will find it quite easy to establish a good record with--%26gt;retailers and will also be pleasantly surprised at the positive influence it can have on your credit rating.Just like repairing bad credit, building a good credit rating requires time and a lot of financial discipline, but in the end, you will be proud of what you have achieved.



Building credit over next 9 months - best options?

Credit cards are not always good for your credit, Apply for numerous cards can actually mark your credit even if your not approved. I was accepted for a credit card for Bank of America and took advantage of the zero interest for six months and used it for gas once a month and payed it off asap. Paying bills early is also one way to increase your credit score. phone bill, rent etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment