Monday, October 26, 2009

Help with Verbal agreements PLEASE!!!?

I had borrowed in total $2300 to my good friend and co-worker. He is strapped for cash and our relationship has become more difficult because he is the type of person that cannot handle two many issues at once. So the back and forth game ended, we will not be friends. So anyways, the amount of money will be shown on his bank records that he took it, also here is where my question falls into where you can tell the verbal agreement was to pay me back. He applied for three personal loans for the amount of $2300 but got declined until he put up his car, and got approved, I got wery of this because I felt responsible that they would take his car if the loan was not paid, and hestitated to take the money, now I say fine, we are out of each others lives, I will take it, ignoring me now, but we work together, and we will be separated because of other issues. Would a court seeing that he went to get a loan for the amount due, shown on credit report, show that he did say he would pay me back?



Help with Verbal agreements PLEASE!!!?

A verbal agreement is just that, and not a good idea, as you now know. The supporting information you provide is useful, to a degree, but it does not prove anything. Unless he is willing to pay you back, or at least sign something that states that he will pay you back, tell him that you will be taking him to small claims court. It will then be up to each of you to tell your sides of the story, and the judge will make a ruling. If he does not show up for the court date, you will most likely win a judgment against him by default. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment