Wednesday, May 26, 2010

REPOST: Not giving a two weeks notice?

Not giving a two week notice?



I do not want to give this employer a two weeks notice simply because of the way in which i was treated and spoken to. I have a new job lined up that starts in a month, however i want to get paid for working the next three weeks and get paid out for my PTO. I have a feeling that they may just say don't worry about working out your two weeks. I will be able to get a great reference letter from one of my supervisors so i am not worried about that.



My question is how will it look on my part if i just give them one weeks notice?



Additional Details



17 hours ago



oops i forgot to add that i am in the process of applying for a home loan with a closing at the end of the month. So i am thinking that if the fire me on the spot and do not allow for me to finish my two weeks out that this will screw me.



REPOST: Not giving a two weeks notice?

It will look bad if you don't give notice and it could qualify you as unable for re-hire. Also, some companies can chose to not pay you out for PTO, in that type of situation. I would check into that before you make that move.

No comments:

Post a Comment