Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Didnt even get a secured credit card!!!!?

I moved to the states from Germany a year ago...I dont have a credit history and I knew I cant get a credit card without one. So today I went to my bank %26quot;Bank of Amerika%26quot; where I have a debit card account...and asked for a SECURED card... and I still cant believed it I didnt get approved because I dont have a credit history! So what now?



My husband and me applied for a morgage loan...a couple of weeks ago.( He has a good credit) And we didn get approved because of me as a co-buyer without credit history!!! So thats why I researched and tryed to get the secured credit card!!



So is there anybody with the same experience or somebody who knows what to do/try next ???



Didnt even get a secured credit card!!!!?

As long as you have the money to deposit into an account there is no reason to be turned down for a secured card. Your credit limit will only go to the amount that you have deposited. I would look on line for a different company if your bank will not do it. Most times the interest is higher and there may be a fee. Look up credit card comparison online. If it is a mortgage that you are trying to get then maybe you should leave your name off the application. If your husbands credit is good enough he can apply by himself. Good Luck.



Didnt even get a secured credit card!!!!?

Don't know if you tried this already, but apply for one of the bad-credit credit cards that has an annual fee. You may have to pay 50 bucks, but it could be worth it to get some credit history.



Didnt even get a secured credit card!!!!?

Use your income but not your credit to purchase the home. It's done all the time. Then %26quot;quick claim%26quot; you on title once escrow closes.



Didnt even get a secured credit card!!!!?

Below is a list of secured cards that will approve you.



Didnt even get a secured credit card!!!!?

when I applied for a secured credit card in bank of america, my application took so long and when I came to the branch and asked about the status of my application, they told me that it wasnt even on the system! I got mad at them and took my money back, and went to wells fargo, I applied online and it took only 7 days and I had my credit card.



I highly recommend wellsfargo bank.



Didnt even get a secured credit card!!!!?

Try to get a Orchard bank card. They are for people with bad/no credit and are easy to get.



Didnt even get a secured credit card!!!!?

If your income is not being used to obtain the loan then leave your name off the applications and let him apply alone. Once he obtains the house then he can quit deed you on to it. It's never good to apply for credit together because if anything goes wrong then everybody has bad credit. And in the mean time establish you some credit for future purposes. Wish you luck and I hope his income is enough to obtain the house you are trying to purchase.



Didnt even get a secured credit card!!!!?

yes, you should go to US BANK website. they have secured cards. Orchard Bank does to and you get decision online. Your fiance can also call his/her credit card companies and add you as an authorized user his accounts. They will start adding his/her credit record to your report. It will look like you have had credit cards / accounts open since whenever s/he opened the accounts .



I would also see a different mortgage person. Sometimes they tell people this kind of thing to make them think they are a higher risk thus pay more interest. usually a bank would be thrilled to have any co signer on the account because if they have to ever foreclose or collect the debt, then they have two options instead of going after one person. Less risky for them.



See this website for lots of information regarding credit. There is a section where they list information about getting secured cards. Many people get them after bankruptcy. If they are willing to extend a card to someone after bankruptcy they should have no trouble taking someone with no history.



http://www.creditboards.com/forums/



also this website



http://www.whogavemecredit.com/forms/sea...



you can look and see for a few samples of who is extended credit under what circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment